Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Newest Developments

Sorry to have taken a few days away, but I'm back with some new developments. First, pictures still to come that document the increasing troubles with our home.
Next up will be photos of the flooded lot adjacent, with drainage sewer blocked and clogged and thus filling to over the top with water during today's rain. Also, the ever-present ineptitude or stupidity of those working on the lots--once again, leaving the dumpster door wide open for trash to fly everywhere. Nothing sells your lots, Consort, quite like flooded sewers and garbage spilling out of open dumpsters. Way to go for the sales pitch! (Fools). Such attention to detail--and one is to have faith that Consort will build with quality and attention to detail?

Now, the most interesting development: Some weeks back I mentioned the construction of a market home on the pond/drainage route two lots to my north. This market home was eventually sold--but, without the fair and honest and full disclosure required on Consort's part. As I wrote several posts prior, I had the opportunity to meet the home buyer, and to explain what had happened on my lot: The improper compacting, the failure to disclose, the sewer line 18 or so feet down (and thus the chance that the land could fall this far down), the splitting land, dying trees, mess of a lawn, flooding, and Consort's refusal to compensate me for my loss.

It seems (though I'm not entirely certain, but will find out soon) that the buyer backed out of the deal--and the home is back on the market! As I've said before, if I can save others from the lies of Consort, the distortions, the half-truths, I will. Why just the other day I saw the Consort agent working to sell the lot just next to me. When the potential buyers inquired about the lay of the land, and the sewer, she actually had the nerve to say, "Oh, and you're fortunate to have a sewer here because it will keep your lawn dry and handle drainage"--or something close to this. She did say it was a "good thing." HAHA!!! Isn't this lying to customers, Consort? Is this part of your ethical and integrity-laden pledge? Rest assured, when I next see this couple I will show them what has happened to my lot, and explain the "benefits" of this sewer. And, should I not have the opportunity to speak to the potential buyer, and they do build and move in, and later have ANY sort of trouble with their lot--I can say that I heard, loud and clear, the lines being fed to them. And...the failure to disclose.

So, Petras and crew, you see, you've lost a buyer. Offering me compensation, doing the right thing, as asked for for almsot a year now, would have cost you less.

No comments:

Post a Comment