Monday, July 5, 2010

Is Consort Trying to Conceal The Problems?

The holiday weekend is over, and more news about the shoddy, unethical builder, Consort Homes. What's new? I have to wonder if Consort is attempting to conceal the issues with the lots along this stretch--sewer to sewer, from one end to the opposite side of Paul Renaud.

Just a few days ago, I was working in my lawn when I had the opportunity to meet the person who purchased the market home under construction two lots to our north. She complemented me on my landscaping, and we started a conversation about the lots--and the problems on mine, as well as along the entire run. She was more than surprised to hear of this--it seems Consort didn't tell her of the issues. No shock really, they haven't exactly behaved with integrity. I may be wrong, but I believe that there is a "duty to disclose" by the seller, once they are aware of critical issues. I'll be putting my law degree to work and looking into this.* (This post is written by the daughter of the homeowner.)

For now, back to the market home purchaser--I showed her the drop in our lawn, she connected the dots to the sewers, I showed her the drainage duct to the south, explained that Paul Renaud had buckled, that the sewer pipes were abou 18 feet down. She asked if it was a grading problem--I explained, "oh no, it's not the grading, it's that these lots likely should not be built upon, especially in their current state." Take a look around, most builders do not sell land over these lines for homes, but rather keep them outside of the buildable area. I again reiterated the likely 18 foot drop. Consort, however, was/is greedy, and wants to squeeze as much as possible on as little land as feasible.

The new purchaser mentioned she would talk to one of the construction supervisors--I'll call him Jonesy for the purpose of this blog. What she doesn't realize is that Jonesy will say anything, lie through his teeth if need be, to sell the home, and convince the seller all is okay. Jonesy still maintains that ice inside my home is "normal", eg. I can only conclude that he is either inept or intentionally misleading.

My greatest surprise at this point? That Consort's legal counsel isn't advising Consort to behave within the BOUNDS OF THE LAW. I understand that as their attorney he has a duty to zealously represent his client's interest, but he also may not turn a blind eye to knowing falsehoods, misrepresentations, and guilty acts.

Not to mention INTEGRITY? ETHICS? I'm wondering if the Missouri Builder's Association would be interested in this case.

I'm still waiting for Consort to offer just compensation for value lost. I hope that the words in this blog, and our spreading the word mouth-to-mouth, will reach and protect potential purchasers. If they lose even one buyer, they lose an average of $250,000, maybe more. Maybe then Consort will understand the gravity of what they've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment