Saturday, June 19, 2010

Garbage: Indicative of Consort's Practices


Something else of interest re: Consort Homes: While driving around other subdivisions in development, I notice a general cleanliness, attention to detail, tidiness to the area--a lack of construction garbage, in other words--with respect to the empty lots and to the areas surrounding. Here, in Countryshire, Consort seems oblivious to these very same things.

Here in the areas under construction at Countryshire, there is harmful debris next to homes--from large pieces of wood to nails to metal stakes-- surrounding open lots, and refuse laying next to Dumpsters--but not in them.

This is but a teeny tiny bit of what I have been dealing with for two years. At one point, I had to call a construcion manager to my home to load up over 20 boxes and Tyvek, in addition to related construction refuse found on my lot and those neighboring. I've had to pick up no less than 100 roofing tile bags left out after the men finish work. I've had to pick up scraps of roofing from my deck. I've had pieces of siding blow across the street and strike my car. I once collected no less than 10 boxes in a single morning from the side of our lot--all under the observation of your men building a house across the street. No one made a move to pick them up themselves, no one has apologized.

A construction manager himself has driven up and down the street countless times, construction refuse clearly evident, and not made a move to dispose of it--instead, he often blamed the construction refuse on another builder, several streets away. As I look out the window across the street, large pieces of plywood and drywall sit on an empty lot, just waiting for another wind gust.

All of this is indicative of Consort's approach: sloppy, fast and in a hurry, not attention to detail. And, as a self-touting "green builder," I wonder how Consort justifies canisters of chemicals left out on the lots to drip into the soil (isn't this an EPA violation?).

We have a neighborhood FULL of children, young and old, and family pets. I don't even want to think about what might happen to any of them if they are struck by debris or exposed to chemicals from canisters leaking into the soil, or crawl into a dumspter left wide open from the side, or struck by electrical cords left dangling from roof tops overnight in a storm.

Now, when I made the construction manager aware of these issues I received an extremely rude, inappropriate, and unprofessional email from the construction supervisor (Mike), telling me that all of "this" was "none of my business." I said it then, and I'll say it again now: OH BUT IT IS, WHEN IT REFLECTS ON PROPERTIES, WHEN IT VIOLATES ORDINANCES, WHEN MY YARD IS COVERED WITH GARBAGE, WHEN IT CAUSES RISK OF HARM--IT CERTAINLY IS.

Consort has been reminded, regularly for two years now regarding this problem. Deaf to customer concerns?

**Mr. Petras, as Director of Sales and Marketing I would think this would interest you, or no? Actually, Mr. Petras, I would think all of what I've been writing would be of interest to you--sales and marketing, and those PROFITS PROFITS PROFITS depend on the court of public opinion, do they not?

No comments:

Post a Comment