Friday, June 11, 2010

Consort Homes Ignores Further and Continued Damage to Lot/Property

For five hours now, Consort's bulldozers have been grading the lot adjacent and two over from mine. (The latter is for the "market home" that they seem to be building in a hurry in order to cover up that pesky drainage route, flooding, and pond issue.)

It's important to mention, that they're grading--not digging. The vibrations--strong enough that lamps on my second-floor are rattling and shaking, dresser knobs clanging, dishes and glasses shaking in the kitchen cabinets, and floor vibrating like an earthquake leaving even the beds shaking--seem to be FURTHER destabilizing my lot and lawn:

A new crack, visible in my basement, has suddenly appeared in my foundation. The cracks on my lawn have widened, and the lawn seems to have further broken off at one of the "shelves," and sunk more steeply in the same area since this grading and severe ground shaking started.

I'll be ordering signage today, or making my own, for my lawn--making it clear that the lot is in danger, is falling, and warning others of the sudden drop on the lot, as well as sinkage.

One more thing, Mr. Ed Petras from Consort Homes is reading this blog, and sadly (but not too surprisingly) there has been NO ATTEMPT ON THE PART OF CONSORT TO REACH OUT AND ASK HOW THEY MAY HELP, HOW THEY MAY COMPENSATE FOR OUR LOSS. Mr. Petras, is this how Consort operates?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just talked to my nephew about this. He and his wife were thinking about moving into this development when they sell their current home. They have taken a step back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy,
    Thank you for sharing the news with your nephew. I can't blame them for thinking twice--what a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete