Monday, June 14, 2010

The Never-Ending Story....Consort Lot Nightmare



AKA, Consort Homes, LLC disaster. My previous post showed a widened crack on the north side of my lot, the worsening state of the lawn a result of excavation and grading one and two lots to my north.

Today, I found another horrific surprise--a hole adjacent to this crack that has turned out to be the "mouth" of a 19 inch void in the soil. As I suspected, my landscaping is now "resting" upon a hollow, a "sink hole" of sorts, extending 19 inches straight down under the surface of my lawn. Essentially, it seems that the ground beneath my landscaping, the ground and earth upon which Consort should never have built, and upon which--even better-- they improperly built (per their own admission re: soil compacting), has sunk, completely dropped, and continues to drop, leaving an unstable surface lawn--with no support underneath it.

I've attached pictures of a pole that we stuck into the hole--straight down with ease (and over to all sides under the lawn surface)--as well as a ruler against this same pole showing the depth of the sinkage.

I'm not sure if Consort is actually waiting for my entire rear lawn to simply fall before taking any action to compensate me and remedy an unsafe situation? Or, if once more, they are deliberately denying that a problem, a LARGE problem, exists.

Please, for your own good, if you are considering a home in this stretch of lots, THINK AGAIN. Do not lose your investment, do not risk watching the value of your home drop, and do not take this kind of stress upon yourself--battling a corporate entity deaf to your losses (at their hands), one that claims to be tops in customer service), and losing all hope of re-selling your home. Allow me to put it very plainly: Consort is NOT A BUILDER WHO CARES. They are a BUILDER who DOES NOT CARE.
Not only did they sell (and continue to sell) lots unsuitable for building, they then, by their own admission, screwed up when it came to preparing my lot, and now refuse to acknowledge or confront the issue they have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment