Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More Thoughts on Land Collapse

I've posted pictures of the backyard, but again reiterate that the pictures cannot possibly depict the pitch of the drop, or, of course, the rapidity with which the land fell.

I'm continually aghast that Consort trots out potential buyers to surrounding lots--sometimes with the construction manager in tow explaining away any issues, as though what potential buyers see and presume (correctly)to be a problem is just a figment of their imagination. I've actually heard the construction manager saying, "oh, don't worry, we'll just fill that ditch in" when referring to adjacent lots. Disgusting.

Let me explain that when *I* bought this lot, the first lot sold on the problematic line of lots, the land had been filled. The lots had been cleverly covered with enough soil to give an impression of even land. I initially found the backyard so boringly flat that I wondered how we might enhance it. Little did I know. I now look at the buckled street and sidewalk several lots down and am incredibly dismayed, again, at the rapidity with which all the underlying land sunk and shifted. When my home was built, the street showed no signs of damage. Now? It's buckled, cracked,and prone to flooding--and, funny enough, following along the same line of drainage that tracks all the way through my lot and contiguous lots.

I'm heartbroken at what has happened to my property. But beyond heartbroken, I am incredibly stressed. Again, a home is an investment--and watching the value decline because of Consort's greed in selling unsuitable lots is a daily burden and strain.

No comments:

Post a Comment